Product liability cases for medical devices and pharmaceuticals can surface suddenly and quickly become bigger and more complex.
At Medical Resource Network (MRN), we have experienced legal nurse consultants who specialize in product liability.
When a medical device or pharmaceutical is perceived to be a dangerous or defective product, the net of potential liability can ensnare not only manufacturers, but also distributors, suppliers, and even retailers.
Our legal nurse consultants have the medical education, training, and experience to assist with expeditious claims resolution for product liability litigation.
We have provided legal nurse consulting services for medical device companies and pharmaceutical companies for different types of product liability claims, including:
- manufacturing defects
- design defects
- failure-to-warn defects (also known as marketing defects)
- multi-state cases and settlements
- complicated disease areas
Most medical product liability cases involve mass tort cases and the extraction of complex medical information. Clients often hire us early in the litigation process, which allows our legal nurse consultants to actively participate in determining legal strategies.
Our legal nurse consultants can perform a full range of litigation services and support, for all phases of product liability cases, including:
- early case assessment
- medical records retrieval and management
- medical records analysis and summaries
- complex data extraction
- medical chronology and “big picture” perspective timelines
- triage reports
- analysis of plaintiff fact sheets
- reports and summaries
- evaluations and proposals for settlement criteria
- adverse event call center set-up and management