Call (888) 899-1406 to schedule a free consultation to talk about how we can provide a full range of services for all types of medical malpractice cases.
The delivery of healthcare today is more advanced than ever, in part due to the advent of complex testing, treatments, and medications. At times, however, healthcare fails and/or patients or their families perceive that it fails.
When bad outcomes occur in healthcare, there’s a tendency to want to blame someone, but the vast majority of poor outcomes aren’t necessarily a result of medical malpractice.
One of our primary jobs, as legal nurse consultants, is to thoroughly review and analyze medical records in order to determine medical chronologies, as well as cause and effect. To rise to the level of malpractice, there has to be some type of error, omission, negligence, or deviation from the standard of care that injured a patient. The more complex the patient’s medical history before the incident, the more difficult it becomes to prove or disprove medical malpractice.
At MRN, since 1993, we’ve been providing legal nurse consulting services for defense attorneys and plaintiff attorneys. We have the experience and expertise to take the most complex medical malpractice case, analyze it, review the timelines, and summarize it. We can also retain and work with expert medical witnesses.
The most common types of medical malpractice cases include:
- misdiagnoses and/or delayed diagnoses
- failure to provide adequate treatment
- obstetrics cases (pregnancies and childbirths)
- unnecessary surgeries
- inappropriate pain control (overmedicating or undermedicating a patient)
- nurses failing to notify a physician about changes in a patient’s condition or vital signs
- healthcare professionals failing to activate the chain of command
- surgical errors
- premature discharges
- medical products liability